Pages

Monday, March 4, 2013

I'm too busy to write something substantial today, so here's a playlist.

Well, ha ha freakin ha, looks like I already broke my promise to post something new every day (a mere 3 days after starting this blog!)  Turns out that working until 7 a.m. and then starting your day at 10 a.m. leaves you kind of drained and not much in the mood to write anything interesting.

Tomorrow, I am going to post the first in a series of articles called "Myths About the Atheist Movement" - I've seen a lot of atheist bloggers talk about the numerous misconceptions about atheists, and about what "atheism" really means, but I've also noticed quite a few misconceptions floating around specifically about the "New Atheism" movement that I am really itching to address.

That's coming tomorrow.  For now, here's a playlist of a CD I just burned.  It's mostly just a list of some favorite alt-rock songs which I've heard on the radio over the past couple of years.  I usually prefer listening to full albums at a time, but sometimes when I'm driving I just really want to BLAST A BUNCH OF CATCHY GENERIC TUNES and feel like I'm a car commercial or a movie trailer or something similar, because everything looks and feels sexy when someone is trying to sell you something.

1. The Mowgli's - San Francisco
2. Churchill - Change
3. Sir Sly - Gold
4. Foals - Inhaler
5. Kitten - G#
6. Iamdynamite - Where Will We Go
7. Animal Collective - My Girls
8. Beware of Darkness - Howl
9. Cage the Elephant - Aberdeen
10. The Heavy - What Makes a Good Man?
11. AWOLNATION - Sail
12. The xx - Crystalised
13. Grouplove - Colours
14. Silversun Pickups - Panic Switch
15. The Neighborhood - Sweater Weather
16. 21 Pilots - Holding Onto You
17. Japandroids - The House that Heaven Built
18. The Joy Formidable - Whirring

On a slightly related note, what's with bands that combine a freaking sentence into one incoherent word?  iamdynamite, awolnation, thislooksridiculousyoushouldusethespacebaronceinawhile.





No comments:

Post a Comment