Pages

Friday, March 29, 2013

Youtube Friday: My Favorite Nostalgia Critic Reviews!

This may seem like an odd thing to say, but I really think Nostalgia Critic is one of the finest skeptics on youtube.  "But wait," you say, "how is this guy a skeptic?  All he does is rant about movies that we watched when we were kids and utterly obliterate all the fond, nostalgic memories we have of those films."  To which I would respond: yes, exactly.  Skepticism is the act of recognizing your own biases and evaluating something based on rationality, and disregarding all the things you want to be true that may be clouding your judgement.  And I definitely think that nostalgia is one of the most common ways that our perceptions of things gets skewered.  So, yes, I do think that skepticism plays a big part in Nostalgia Critic's reviews, and if you take the time to watch some of his videos (which are HILARIOUS), I think you might agree.  Here are three of my favorites:








No comments:

Post a Comment